Please note that the 3rd edition of the Pat-Burns Foundation will take place on August 11th, 2017.
The second edition of the Pat-Burns Foundation Golf Tournament took place on August 12th, under the honorary presidency of Mr. Luc Robitaille, former left wing of the Los Angeles Kings and the Hull Olympiques, and member of the NHL and QMJHL Hall of Fame. Once again this year, the event organized by the Tecumseh Golf Club showed full with more than 216 players and many players and public personalities from the hockey world.
During the evening, participants and collectors from the Outaouais region took part in a live auction and bid on exclusive items such as a hockey stick and a pair of hockey gloves signed by Pat Burns, a framed picture of Pat Burns when he won the Stanley Cup in 2003 with the New Jersey Devils and many jerseys signed by NHL players. At the end of this eventful day, the members of the organizing committee proudly announced an amount of $42,000 was raised, which will help the Pat-Burns Foundation provide funding to coaches of any sport for training and equipment, and financial support to young athletes.
Thank you to all those who, in one way or the other, contributed to the success of the golf tournament.
Players and public personalities present to the golf tournament :
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Ottawa Senators
- Derick Brassard, Ottawa Senators
- Stefan Matteau, Montreal Canadiens
- John Chabot, former player in the NHL
- Stéphane Matteau, former player of the New York Rangers
- Benoit-Olivier Groulx, first choice overall QMJHL in 2016 (Halifax Mooseheads)
- Marc-André Perreault, TVA Sports journalist
- Stéphane Leroux, RDS journalist and junior hockey expert
- Michel Langevin, morning man at 91,9 Sport
- Marcel Patenaude, General Manager of the Gatineau Olympiques
- Mario Duhamel, Head Coach of the Gatineau Olympiques
- Rick Hayward, former player of the Hull Olympiques
- Sam Lang, former player of the Hull Olympiques
Thank you to our major sponsor
Thank you to our sponsors